Monday, May 24, 2010

R.I.P. JOHN GLASER


We lost our friend and fellow fire fighter John Glaser Saturday night in a house fire. There truly are no words to describe what our fire fighting family is going through right now. No matter what line of work you are in, or how you spend your days...all you can do is try your best to stay safe doing what you love to do in hopes that life is not cut short in the process. Remember to hug and kiss those closest to you, tell them that you love them...because as wonderful as LIFE is...it is also very UNPREDICTABLE.

John...you will be forever missed.
Please know your fire-family loves you,
and will forever take care of your family.

JOHN GLASER
MEMORIAL FUND
Bank of America
175 Clairborne Road
Olathe, KS 66062



Brother, when you weep for me,
Remember that it was meant to be.
Lay me down and when you leave,
Remember I’ll be at your sleeve.

In every dark and choking hall,
I’ll be there as you slowly crawl.
On every roof in driving snow,
I’ll hold your coat, and you will know.

The house from which I now respond,
Is overstaffed with heroes gone.
Men who answered one last bell,
Did the job and did it well.

As firefighters we understand,
That death’s card dealt in our hand.
A card we hope we never play,
But one we hold there anyway.

That card is something we ignore,
As we crawl across a weakened floor.
For we know that we’re the only prayer,
For anyone that might be there.

So remember as you wipe your tears,
The joy I knew throughout the years.
As I did the job I loved to do,
I pray that thought will see you through.

1 comment:

  1. I speak for all of the employees at the City of Shawnee when I say that we are deeply saddened by the loss of John. We are praying for both of his families at home and at the Station. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete